Are you worried about your child’s development?
- Does your child have a medical disorder or birth defect that interferes with their development?
- Does the child seem to have hearing or vision issues?
- Does your child have difficulty communicating with people outside the family?
- Does you child have difficulty keeping up with other children their age?
- Does you child have issues learning when they are experiencing social-emotional difficulties?
What happens during a child find screening?
During the screening, your child may stack small blocks, cut with scissors, draw, count, name colors, jump, and have fun!
After the screening, someone will talk to you about the results and you may be given suggestions, referral for more testing, or scheduled to have skills rechecked later.
Birth to Three Screenings
Families of children below age 3 who have concerns about their child's development can call the Pierce County Early Intervention Developmental Program at (253) 798-3790. They will set up an appointment to meet with you to address your concerns and the child's need for developmental screening and/or evaluation.
Please call the Child Find Hotline at (253) 298-4658 to request an appointment.