The child find screening serves children living within the Franklin Pierce School District that are 3-5 years old. The purpose of the Child Find screening is to determine if your child is in need of special education services. Your child’s skills in communication, fine and gross motor, school readiness, social and behavior, and hearing are screened to determine if further testing is needed.
Are you worried about your child’s development?
- Does your child have a medical disorder or birth defect that interferes with their development?
- Does the child seem to have hearing or vision issues?
- Does your child have difficulty communicating with people outside the family?
- Does you child have difficulty keeping up with other children their age?
- Does you child have issues learning when they are experiencing social-emotional difficulties?
Families of children below age 3 who have concerns about their child's development can call the Pierce County Early Intervention Developmental Program at (253) 798-3790. They will set up an appointment to meet with you to address your concerns and the child's need for developmental screening and/or evaluation.
If you have concerns for your child's development, please call 253-298-4675 to schedule a Child Find date for the 19-20 school year:
September 18th, 25th
October 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd
November 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
January 8th, 15th, 22nd
February 5th, 12th, 19th
March 4th, 11th, 18th
April 1st, 15th, 22nd, 29th
May 6th, 13th, 20th