The Dr. Frank Hewins Early Learning Center houses all Franklin Pierce preschool programs. Head Start, ECEAP, Developmental Preschool, and Title 1 preschools provide an opportunity for children of all ability levels and needs to interact and learn together.
- Child Find: Does your child qualify for special education services?
- How do I enroll in preschool programs?
The child find screening serves children living within the Franklin Pierce School District that are 3-5 years old. The purpose of the Child Find screening is to determine if your child is in need of special education services. Your child’s skills in communication, fine and gross motor, school readiness, social and behavior, and hearing are screened to determine if further testing is needed.
- Does your child have a medical disorder or birth defect that interferes with their development?
- Does the child seem to have hearing or vision issues?
- Does your child have difficulty communicating with people outside the family?
- Does you child have difficulty keeping up with other children their age?
- Does you child have issues learning when they are experiencing social-emotional difficulties?
Families of children below age 3 who have concerns about their child's development can call the Pierce County Early Intervention Developmental Program at (253) 798-3790. They will set up an appointment to meet with you to address your concerns and the child's need for developmental screening and/or evaluation.
- To enroll for Head Start/ECEAP, click here.
- To enroll in Title 1 Preschool, please contact the Hewins Early Learning Center at (253) 298-4647.
- If your child is on an IEP and you now live within our district boundaries, please contact the Hewins Early Learning Center at 253-298-4675 for information on beginning services in-district.